I only get:
/usr/share/man/man1/perldoc.1.bz2

I get....

[root@www2 root]# rpm -ql perl | grep 'perldoc'
/usr/bin/perldoc
/usr/share/man/man1/perldoc.1.gz

On Mandrake:
urpmi perl-doc
Which will install the package named perl-doc-5.8.0-13mdk which will provide you with your missing perldoc script.

It's not a bad build (or at least not for that reason). For some reason a large number of modules are broken out into their own RPM packages under Mandrake (and I have definitely observed the same on RedHat)...I usually just use CPAN to get my modules and bypass RPM though since CPAN is just damn cool.

(Neat fact: In the Mandrake 9.0 Contribs section there is actually an RPM included for Mason 1.03)

-Adam Batkin