With different combinations of Perl and mod_perl versions, it can
get confusing when installing mod_perl on Win32 via ppm in
figuring out the right one to use. To help alleviate some of
this, I've made up a script - mpinstall, accessible (soon)
through the install docs in the Win32 OS specific sections of
http://perl.apache.org/. This will take you through a dialogue,
based on your configuration info, to determine and then install
the appropriate mod_perl ppm package. It will also get and copy
mod_perl.so to your relevant Apache modules directory - this is
currently supposed to be done via a post-install script within
ppm, but this functionality appears broken with ppm3.

If you try this, please let me know of any problems.

--
best regards,
randy kobes