From: Stas Bekman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 24, 2002 8:21 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: RedHat 8.0 standard Apache2.0 and mod_perl 2.0::PerlRun
doesn't work?

Dale Lancaster wrote:
> I have searched the archives and various websites to find my problem and
> its associated resolution to no avail.
>
> I upgraded my working Apache 1.3 and mod_perl 1.x website using the
> PerlRun option of modperl to the RedHat 8.0 standard release with
> Apache/mod_perl 2.0 combo -- bad move it appears.

ModPerl::Registry and friends are in beta now. I've ported the 1.0's
version and made it a bit more modular via ModPerl::RegistryCooker. It's
quite possible that I broke some of the functionalities while porting as
you saw in the recent bug fix. The problem is that I couldn't verify
whether the porting was 1:1 because there was no exhaustive test suite.
For 2.0 we are hoping to have one.

First, disable Apache::DBI. Does the problem persist?

Second, please download the latest cvs versions of apache and mod_perl
and try again. Does the problem persist?

If it does, please send a short script that reproduces the problem, and
hopefully a self-contained one, so it's not relying on mysql. In short,
think of it this way: To solve the problem, I need to reproduce it
first. So help me to accomplish that first.