Hi all.

As suggested by Geoff and Stas, I am trying out modperl2.. Now I have some questions:

i) with Apache::CommandServer (can be found at http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/overview/overview.html#toc_Protocol_Modules_with_mod_perl_2_0), I setup everything according to the guide..but

   > telnet localhost 8084
   Trying 127.0.0.1...
   Connected to localhost (127.0.0.1).
   Escape character is '^]'.

   Login: foo
   Password: foo
   ^]

  I must hit return once before the 'Login' prompt appears, and after a few tests I found that $socket->send() do not send the buffer to the client right away. Is this related to some configurable directives in httpd.conf or I did something wrong.. or just a feature?

ii) is there any way to perform a select(2) or like on the $socket? I would like to implement some sort of 'timeout' in the read loop..say, after 5 secs if nothing is recv'd from the client then the connection will be closed. I have tried alarm/die pair but it was a failure. Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Michael