> Michael wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > As suggested by Geoff and Stas, I am trying out modperl2.. Now I have
> > some questions:
> >
> > i) with Apache::CommandServer (can be found at

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/overview/overview.html#toc_Protocol_Mod
ules_with_mod_perl_2_0),
> > I setup everything according to the guide..but
> >
> >    > telnet localhost 8084
> >    Trying 127.0.0.1...
> >    Connected to localhost (127.0.0.1).
> >    Escape character is '^]'.
> >
> >    Login: foo
> >    Password: foo
> >    ^]
> >
> >   I must hit return once before the 'Login' prompt appears, and after a
> > few tests I found that $socket->send() do not send the buffer to the
> > client right away. Is this related to some configurable directives in
> > httpd.conf or I did something wrong.. or just a feature?
>
> I'm trying to bring the overview and design notes docs up-to-date, Doug
> wrote them long time ago and things have changed a bit since then. The
> almost up-to-date version of the overview is here:
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/intro/overview.html
> How did you get to the old URL? Via google?

I think I found that link somewhere in the user guide, but I am not sure
anyway.

> > ii) is there any way to perform a select(2) or like on the $socket? I
> > would like to implement some sort of 'timeout' in the read loop..say,
> > after 5 secs if nothing is recv'd from the client then the connection
> > will be closed. I have tried alarm/die pair but it was a failure. Any
idea?

> You have the APR::Socket object, so it should be possible. Though I see
> that apr_poll_ API is not glued.
>
> !MODULE=APR::Poll
>   apr_poll_socket_add
>   apr_poll_socket_clear
>   apr_poll_data_get
>   apr_poll_revents_get
>   apr_poll_socket_mask
>   apr_poll
>   apr_poll_socket_remove
>   apr_poll_data_set
>   apr_poll_setup
>
> The ! mark in xs/maps/apr_functions.map disables the glueing of this API
> subset at the build time.

sorry but I would like to ask how do I glue that?
I tried the util/xs_check.pl in the modperl2 src dir, and it reports..

 unable to glue 27 mapped functions:
  ap_allow_standard_methods
  ap_register_input_filter
  ap_register_output_filter
  apr_brigade_printf
  apr_brigade_puts
  apr_brigade_write
  apr_getnameinfo
  apr_parse_addr_port
  apr_poll
  apr_poll_revents_get
  apr_poll_setup
  apr_poll_socket_add
  apr_poll_socket_clear
  apr_poll_socket_mask
  apr_poll_socket_remove
  apr_pool_child_cleanup_set
  apr_pool_cleanup_kill
  apr_pool_cleanup_run
  apr_pool_get_abort
  apr_pool_note_subprocess
  apr_pool_userdata_get
  apr_pool_userdata_set
  apr_shutdown
  apr_socket_addr_get
  apr_socket_data_get
  apr_socket_data_set
  apr_socket_from_file

Finally, as I've mention before, I would like to put this non http thing
together with other http things on the same port 80. Is this possible? say,
when this handler sees GET|POST|HEAD it forgets the request and let the
Apache HTTP module process it in the normal way?