> Ah. ok. I don't use Mod_Perl, I hear it is a big security risk, since
> it runs as root. Is this true?

It's not true.  The parent process runs as root in order to open port 80,
but that's the same for CGI as well.  The child processes that actually
handle requests runs as whatever user you specify in httpd.conf (typically
"nobody").
> I love how much faster it is, it's not
> that much faster, but enough to make me upgrade all my boxes if it is
> not a security risk.

If you have clean code (use strict and -w) that will run under mod_perl,
you should definitely take advantage of the speed increase.  Depending on
what you're doing, it can make a really huge difference in performance.
I do recommend that you fix your current Apache::Session problem first,
before thinking about converting to mod_perl.
- Perrin