Me again,

I have been asked to supply more details of what I am trying to achieve with the Input
Filter.  The following is an attempt to clearly define more requirements.

I have an Apache/2.0.43 + mod_perl/1.99_08-dev + Perl/5.8.0 server that hosts simple
static html and dynamic perl generated pages.  I am unable to modify perl scripts
without voiding my warranty.  I therefore require a PerlInputFilterHandler to process
the Apache request object and then pass it onto
the default handler.

The PerlInputFilterHandler is to scan the request object with an Anti Virus program
(such as Sophos).  If a virus is located the request should be blocked and a response
displayed on the clients browser.  If clean the request will be allowed to pass to the
default handler.

All this is to happen in the background and without the users' knowledge.

I have found a module called "mod_vscan" by Kazutoshi Kubota <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> at
http://www.willbe6.org/security/mod_vscan/
But this C code appears to only handle output from the server.

My need is to scan incoming data.

If anyone has used "mod_vscan" on incoming data or know if the "All-in-One Filter"
example located at;
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/filters.html#All_in_One_Filter
can do this please contact me.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]