Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
"Nathan" == Nathan Torkington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Nathan> Not for two years at least (the duration of the contract with the
Nathan> Portland hotel).  The San Diego hotel was much more expensive and
Nathan> remote, compared to the Portland hotel.  I think people are really
Nathan> going to enjoy being in the middle of a city at this year's OSCON.

Yes... the number of things that are within walking distance of the
hotel is rather nice.  The waterfront park should be rather
spectacular, especially at night when the 14 bridges across the
Willamette are lit up in their own unique ways.

I agree. No matter what, speaking as someone who hasn't travelled around America all that much, I think it's fun to know that the OSCon is in different places every couple of years and to get exposed to those places.

Also, speaking as someone who earns money in a non-US currency, having a less expensive place to stay at is much nicer. I am sure the self-employed in the US also feel similarly... (ie anyone who doesn't have a company paying for it...and isn't a shareholder of that company).

Later,
Gunther