On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Nathan Torkington wrote:

> Mark Schoonover writes:
> > Any chance they will bring it back to San Diego?? :)
>
> Not for two years at least (the duration of the contract with the
> Portland hotel).  The San Diego hotel was much more expensive and
> remote, compared to the Portland hotel.  I think people are really
> going to enjoy being in the middle of a city at this year's OSCON.

Hallelujah to that, brother!  San Diego was gorgeous, and the hotel was
nice, but I didn't rent a car, and just doing stuff like getting to the
city for lunch (on the days when lunch wasn't served) was a giant PITA,
compounded by the fact that I'm vegan, so I can't go just anywhere and be
guaranteed that they'll have something I'd want.

And a less-expensive place is also a good thing.  The San Diego Sheraton
was _expensive_, and since I'll be footing the bill (hopefully only
partially if I can get a tutorial accepted ;) cheaper is good!

-dave

House Absolute Consulting
www.houseabsolute.com