On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 09:46:41 +0000
"koudjo ametepe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hi everbody ,
> How do you do
> I developping an intranet project with perl and Mysql .
> I encounter a problem and still i haven't found a solution .The problem is
> previously i was using php/mysql ; with the function sesssion_xxx i was able to keep
>user id through all the pages and store it any time that the user save something in
>the database .
> Umfortunately i don't know how to do this with perl , i read some articles on the
>net about it but i get nothing.
> Please can you give me some ideas about the session managing in perl/mysql
> thanks
> koudjo

Hi,
if you use mod_perl, you can look at:

        http://search.cpan.org/author/ENRYS/Apache-SessionManager-0.04/

a mod_perl extensions that manage sessions tansparently for you.
It uses Apache::Session::* modules as persistence framework for session data.
Then you can use all datastores supported by Apache::Session (file, MySQL, Postgres,
Sybase, Oracle, DB_File, RAM, PHP-like file)

Bye

        - Enrico Sorcinelli