Ville Skyttä wrote:
On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 08:10, Stas Bekman wrote:

Please try again with the latest cvs, I've just ported FILENO, OPEN and CLOSE interfaces from 1.0. Though I doubt that this will work, IPC::Open* have always had problems with mod_perl. IPC::Run should be used instead for now. Hopefully will be able to look more into this issue much later unless someone beats me to it.

Thanks for the quick reply, Stas.  I tried it out and that particular
error is gone now, but the W3C Validator still doesn't quite work,
whereas as a normal CGI it does.  I didn't notice any errors, but valid
pages just don't validate under mod_perl (they do as normal CGI).  I
know this is a too vague explanation, but I don't have time to dig
deeper now.
As I said, the IPC::Open* family is usually not working under mod_perl (1.0 and 2.0). Nobody has looked into resolving this issue, mainly because IPC::Run seems to be a much better alternative. But that doesn't solve the problem for those who are stuck with an existing code and aren't able to adjust it. Therefore since IPC::Run provides the same functionality and more, may be a special IPC::Open* layer can be provided which will transparently replace IPC::Open* with IPC::Run.