Hi all,

if you would be willing to spend a minute on helping me out of this: I'm
trying to get mod_perl-2 running on Win32. Without success, of course. :(

My box is a Win2k SP3 with 1GB RAM, ActivePerl 5.6.1 build 633, mod_perl-2
1.99_09-dev on Apache 2.0.43. Everything is freshly loaded and installed.
Btw, mod_perl 1.27_01-dev is running smoothly on Apache 1.3.27.

This is my startup.pl, loaded in httpd.conf by an Include directive:

        LoadFile "D:/Perl/bin/perl56.dll"

        <IfModule mod_alias.c>
                Alias /somewhere/ "d:/somewhere/bin/cgi-bin/"
        </IfModule>

        <Location /somewhere>

                Options ExecCGI
                Order deny,allow
                Deny from all
                Allow from 127.0.0.1

        ### normal CGI operation if no mod_perl support

                SetHandler cgi-script
                ScriptInterpreterSource registry

                <IfModule mod_perl.c>

                        SetHandler  perl-script
#                       SetHandler  modperl

                        PerlOptions +ParseHeaders

                        PerlHandler ModPerl::Registry
#                       PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
#                       PerlHandler Apache::Registry
#                       PerlResponseHandler Apache::Registry

#                       PerlModule Apache2
#                       PerlModule Apache::compat

#                       PerlRequire "some-script.pl"

                </IfModule>

        </Location>

        MaxRequestsPerChild 400

You see I commented several lines out. Be sure I tried every combination of
commenting/uncommenting these. The hardest thing is, not even this works ok:

        PerlModule Apache2

The server simply doesn't start, so it can't be a fault in some-script.pl,
which indeed is nothing more than a series of commented lines atm. Surely
*no* perl script gets executed using the above configuration. If I do not
load mod_perl, CGI executes fine. But slow ;)

So, IMHO, the problem is, that mod_perl-2 doesn't load PerlModule Apache2.
Doesn't load anything.

Any ideas despite reinstalling everything? ;)

Thank you for your attention and for your help,

Robert Kehl
Nürnberg, Germany
www.robertkehl.de