Hi,

I am using: mod_perl/1.26

Now I tried to include subroutines from an external .pl file with "require".

This I got from: http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/porting.html#The_First_Mystery
"For example if we move the code from the script into the subroutine run, place the subroutines into the mylib.pl file, save it in the same directory as the script itself and require() it, there will be no problem at all. (Don't forget the 1; at the end of the library or the require() might fail.)"

This is working fine although a mysql database connection in a subroutine in an external file doesn't always work.

The "do" solution I got from: http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/ porting.html#Name_collisions_with_Modules_and_libs
-> on the bottom of the page: A hack)

Cheers,

Bart