Hi,
Yes, I am using Apache::Registry; how did you know that? ;-)
In fact I am trying to change the CGI-Perl pages of http://www.deweertsport.be to mod_perl.
As I was used to work with include files in PHP, I sort continued this way of making pages in Perl-CGI.
If you look at the previous mentioned site, you can see there is only one file, but it contains a lot of includes.
- a random function for the banners on top
- a file for the navigation on the left which includes a file for the date and a file for the counter (mysql database)
- the content pages with different files for the forms redirected per OS and type of Browser.
The reason why I work that way is to have a sort of frame in which the content is included, directed via the variables of the URL.
That gives me a good overview on how the site is built and it makes it easy to maintain.
Now, with mod_per this is a whole different story. Probably I need to review my strategy as things get more complicated regarding using "use", or "require" ... or "do" ....
Would using Apache::PerlRun be a better option to deal with this way of building a website?
Thanks for your advise!
Bart