Perrin Harkins wrote:
Stas Bekman wrote:

It's integrated into the gnome project and doesn't really exist as a standalone thing. At least I couldn't find it. When you install the gnome desktop, you get libgtop as well. So if you are on linux, simply check your distro for this package. e.g. use:

http://fr.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=libgtop

in the worst case use the above resource to grap the src.rpm and then extract tar.gz from there.

This guy was on HPUX, and he just wanted source to this one library. It used to be available separately. I guess it's not a simple thing to do at this point if you don't want gnome and aren't on Red Hat.
As I've mentioned, you can extract the source from the source rpm( either via 'rpm -i ...src.rpm' or using rpm2cpio). I've browsed the headers and it seems from libgtop-1.0/glibtop/global.h, that the gnome support is optional. Though you probably will have problems building on non-linux/bsd systems. I remember it was reported to work on certain Solaris systems. In any case they can always give it a try and in the worst case try to port it.