Magnar Stav Johanssen wrote:
Hi!

On my Solaris 5.8 machine I'm running apache 1.3.27 with mod_cgi and mod_perl 1.0. mod_cgi is compiled into apache and mod_perl are loaded in my httpd.conf.

When I'm requesting for any .cgi script (tested with: #!/usr/bin/perl or #!/bin/sh) everything works fine, and the scripts compile and return a 200 message to my browser. But after a request that involves mod_perl - .mpl (#!/usr/bin/perl), these cgi scripts crashes with "500: internal server error"

This is the error.log:
libthread panic: cannot create new lwp : dumping core (PID: 9028 LWP 2)
stacktrace:
ff052030
0

If I start a truss -p on the apache process (all processes) the request will be OK and reply a 200 OK message. After I've turned off all trusses, the errormessage is still there.

Then I need to restart apache and all cgi scripts are working fine again.

What can I do to solve this?
Have you tried looking in the archives? I have found:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&w=2&r=1&s=libthread+panic&q=b

In particular:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=91763462706496&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=97363770902299&w=2