On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 11:45:09PM +0000, Seldo wrote:

> Ideally, it would be the former. Literally, I want all the files the
> users to come from one or another of a set of applications. The
> applications will return data in response to a URL: that data might
> be flat HTML, it might be PHP, or for some URLs it might be binary
> data. I don't want it to matter: I want the server to handle the
> content *as if it had just come from the filesystem*.

Well, if the data returned do not change as wildly, you might as well
get the output from other application and store it in the filesystem
cache. And then jsut work with ordinary files. Might also give you
some performance boost. Of course, if every request (for the same URI)
gives different result, this approach might not be as prctical, YMMV.

To be honest, I also would be very interested in knowing, if 2.0 can
handle all data sources transparently ...

 Honza Pazdziora | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.fi.muni.cz/~adelton/
      ... all of these signs saying sorry but we're closed ...