Hmmm. Are you by any chance female? :)

Please don't mess about with file ownerships, groups, permissions and
things if you aren't sure of what you're doing. That's dangerous in a
Webserver and besides you can get in a real mess with the installation.

I'm probably just over-sensitive, but if i was getting frustrated with one of my servers and copped a call like that, i'd be booking a ticket to jubileegroup.co.uk armed with a cricket bat... :)

I wouldn't have a clue what is going vickie, but i ran the same set of commands on my linux box and it executed no worries. If ya want, I can send the gzipped output (about 2k) off-list to give you something to compare against?