Last time I experimented with Server-Push, the only browser that implemented it was Netscape 4.*. Mozilla didn't and IE didn't. Which is a pity cos it's a really useful technique.

Perrin Harkins wrote:

Martin Moss wrote:

I was wondering if it is possible to Create a Handler that points a user at a page with an animated gif saying something like "Please wait", and then when my other handlers have finished display the page results I want from my mod perl handlers.

The classic answer to this problem is described by Randal in one of his Web Techniques columns:
http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/WebTechniques/col20.html

You can also try server push (with the "Content-type: multipart/x-mixed-replace" header), but I'm not sure how consistently today's browsers implement that.

- Perrin