Perrin> Andrew Ho wrote:
>> Make an HTML page which does a form submit to pleasewait.pl. pleasewait.pl
>> just displays an HTML page with an animated "please wait" image on it, and
>> its headers include the following header:
>> Refresh: 1; url=http://www.example.com/getresults.pl?args...

Perrin> That's what Randal does in the article that I posted (although his
Perrin> puts it in a META tag).  It's called client pull, and was introduced
Perrin> by Netscape at the same time as server push.

There's a later better example of that (self-cleaning, etc)
at <http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/LinuxMag/col39.html>.

I usually don't recycle ideas unless I can put a new slant on it.
Check out the new slant. :)