On Sun, 2 Mar 2003, Richard Heintze wrote:

> I have followed the instructions at
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/os/win32/install.html
>
> I've put the following in my httpd.conf file:
> LoadFile "c:/Perl/bin/perl58.dll"
> LoadModule mod_perl modules/mod_perl.so
> PerlRequire "C:/Apache2/conf/extra.pl"

Hi,
   Does Apache run OK without mod_perl?

   Did you intend to have "extra.pl" under
C:/Apache2/conf/, when the rest of the stuff is
under C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/?
It's no problem if you do ...

> I have expanded mod_perl-2.tar and extracted
> mod_perl.so into modules\mod_perl.so.

And also did the 'ppm install mod_perl' to install
the Perl side?

> I have c:perl\bin in my path. And still I get the
> error below.
>  Can someone help me?
>       Sieg
>
> C:\>"C:\Program Files\Apache
> Group\Apache2\bin\Apache.exe" -w -f "C:\Program Fil
> es\Apache Group\Apache2\conf\httpd.conf" -d
> "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apach
> e2\."
> Syntax error on line 135 of C:/Program Files/Apache
> Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.con
> f:
> Cannot load C:/Program Files/Apache
> Group/Apache2/modules/mod_perl.so into serve
> r: The specified module could not be found.
> Note the errors or messages above, and press the <ESC>
> key to exit.  0....
> C:\>

Assuming you're using a recent mod_perl 2 ppm package,
is your Apache version at least 2.0.43? Prior versions
may not be compatible with this mod_perl, which was
compiled against 2.0.44.

Other than that, if at all possible, an idea might be
to install Apache into a directory that doesn't contain
spaces (eg, C:\Apache2). Or if that's not possible, try
using DOS short path names for the directories in httpd.conf.

--
best regards,
randy kobes