On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Richard Heintze wrote:

> Apache HTTPD seems to be running fine.
>
> Do I have the right version of apache and mod_perl?
> I'm unpacking mod_perl2.tar. "perl mpinstall" does not
> seem to be giving me any errors.

The current mod_perl ppm package was compiled against
Apache 2.0.44, so you should have at least 2.0.43.
To see what version you have, do a
  C:\Path\to\Your\Apache2\bin\Apache.exe -v

> Apache installed itself in the directory program
> files/apache group/apache2 so I think this means I'm
> running apache2.
>
> What should I do next? Maybe I should build mod_perl
> myself. Which compiler do you recommend for building
> mod_perl on NT4 or Windows 2000?

If you're running ActivePerl, you should use Visual C++ 6,
for binary compatibility. Unfortunately, this isn't free ...
There are free compilers for Win32 (eg, Borland, cygwin),
but to use these you should compile everything (Perl and
Apache2) with it.

--
best regards,
randy