Hi -

I just upgraded to Apache 2.0.44 (source) and mod_perl-1.99-09-dev
(CVS source) on my SuSE 8.1 test server. All test scripts completed
OK. I am omitting the details of my configuration - will supply them
if anyone thinks this problem is related to them.

As I have with prior installations, I am tip-toeing through the
tests until my server is completely up to date (+mason, +mod_ssl,
+lots of vhosts, etc.).

To start, I set my httpd.conf as per the mod_perl docs:

LoadModule perl_module /srv/www/modules/mod_perl.so
PerlRequire "/srv/www/conf/startup.pl"

Alias /perl/ /srv/www/perl/
<Location /perl/>
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
      PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
      Options +ExecCGI
</Location>

And wrote the test script in /srv/www/perl/rocks.html (with
the proper permissions/ownership):

#!/usr/bin/perl
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "<h3>mod_perl 2.0 rocks!</h3>\n";

Browsing to localhost/perl/rocks.html gives:

mod_perl 2.0 rocks!

(with the second line emboldened to h3). The
view->source shows:

<h3>mod_perl 2.0 rocks!</h3>

Question: why isn't my 'Content-type' line output as a HTTP header?

Aloha => Beau;