Folks

(1)
On this page:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/compat/compat.html

Under this heading:
$r->args in an Array Context

Why not using a direct pointer ;) http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/compat/compat.html#C__r_E_gt_args__in_an_Array_Context

I see this item:
if one wishes to simply read POST data, there is the more modern
{setup,should,get}_client_block API, and even more modern filter API.
Along with continued support for read(STDIN, ...) and $r->read($buf,
$r->headers_in->{'content-length'})

I feel the sentence stating with 'Along' should not belong under that dot point.

Consider it as a footnote? Could put () around it I guess.

Also, it's not a complete sentence, so what does it mean?

what's not complete? Please be more explicit.

Some of the entries in this document do need expansion and clarification. So if something is not clear, let's figure out how to make it clear and fix it. It'd immensely helpful if those who use mod_perl 2.0 and learn the ropes help to improve the docs, and release our fingers from writing docs and let us write some code ;)

(2)
Same page.

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/compat/compat.html#C__r_E_gt_is_main_

I see this text:
$r ->is_main is not part of the mod_perl 2.0 API. Use !$r->main
instead.

(a) Is the '!' correct?

Yes. See: http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/api/Apache.html#_r_E_gt_is_main

(b) Should it refer to is_inital_req

s/is_inital_req/is_initial_req/

why? $r->main works on the request object, it doesn't indicate the kind of request. So you can be in sub-request, and request $r from the initial_req.

If you were using $r->is_main to figure out whether it's is_initial_req, you were probably doing a wrong thing, no? So I think in this sense these two functions are unrelated. However, read on.

(c) Would it be possible to add a reference for is_initial_req?

Let's try to keep this document is simple as possible. Think of it as a temporary helper map to find out what happened to some mp1 method that is not there anymore, or working differently. Remember that eventually, people won't need to refer to the compat doc. Since they will all write in mp2 API.

I suggest the following solution:

We add a pointer to the Apache::RequestRec manpage (which should document is_initial_req()) from that entry. In the Apache::RequestRec manpage we add a xref to main() (Apache::RequestRec) and the other way around.

Sounds good?

BTW, did I mention that patches are *very* welcome? :)

Thank you.