Chris Faust wrote:
Thanks for the explanation and the details Stas,

I'm actually OK with everything in my startup.pl being available to all
virtual hosts.
After reading the post from Thomas I went back in and removed all the
"perlModule" and "perlRequire" lines from the virtual host containers and
loaded everything at once outside of the VHosts and it seems to have
corrected my problems. Its good to know if there is a need to divide it the
ability is there to do so (looks like I was doing it but without creating a
new parent interpreter).

Yes, diving should also save memory, assuming that different VHosts have different big code bases.

I am using mod_perl 1.99.08, this is my second dev server and I've found
that RH is OK as a OS but I've had MUCH better results leaving it at that
and installing Apache, mod_perl and mySql etc. from source and not as part
of the RH install or using RPMs..

I didn't say that either RH or its packages aren't good. I just said that one should upgrade to the latest mod_perl, since older versions have more bugs and less features implemented.

Congrads to all you guys on mod_perl, I've heard about it and things like
fastCGI for what seems like forever but until we got to the point where we
were getting 1.8 million hits a day and everything was crawling as it was
99% perl, I never took the time to get into it - after the 300% performance
increase seen after converting the entire site I simply cannot live without
it and I refuse to do even the smallest projects using anything else.

Fantastic.

Perhaps you would like to submit a success story for our collection at:
http://perl.apache.org/outstanding/success_stories/index.html