On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> Stas Bekman wrote:
> > Perrin Harkins wrote:

> >> I thought it was cool to have it automatically add a path relative to
> >> the server root, because it makes it feel more like you are writing
> >> real Apache modules, and not just CGI scripts.  It's just a warm fuzzy
> >> thing really.  I have no problem with dropping that feature and adding
> >> the path myself in startup.pl or httpd.conf.
> >

> > I'm +0 on adding this feature. While I have never used it myself, I see
> > no harm in keeping back-compatibility with 1.0. Unless someone has a
> > reason for not having it I'll commit the patch I've posted earlier.

Is there a performance hit to having @INC include another directory (that
will not be used by many [most?] users)? If so, that's a good argument
against.

> in 1.0 I used it all the time and liked having it there.  however, I
> suspect that doug left it out on purpose - IIRC PerlSwitches was his
> answer when this was asked before (maybe it was at a conference, I
> can't remember).

I think Doug was right. PerlSwitches is a more flexible, more perlsih and
mod_perlish way of doing it, IMO. Just needs good documentation :)

- nick

--

Nick Tonkin   {|8^)>