Jie Gao wrote:

I got a version from cvs today and make test fails with:

special_blocks.....ok 5/12unable to find interp de76d477-58b9-0310-b94d-dd991812e62e

Thanks Jie.

Your bug report missing the mod_perl and apache information. You should have
run t/REPORT to get this as explained here:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/help/help.html#Reporting_Problems
I can't tell whether you are running a threaded-mpm or a prefork.

However, this is not a bug in mod_perl, but a current limitation in one of the
testing framework functionalities. Certain tests need to make sure that they
hit the same interpreter twice in a row (e.g. to test the closure effect),
apparently the current implementation doesn't work well on several platforms,
win32 included.

If somebody (preferrably on a platform that has this problem) can look at this
issue and resolve it, that would be a great help.

You can find the code in Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestRequest.pm and you have
several tests that use it (grep for 'same_interp_tie'). The currently used
algorithm is very simple: the first request stores the unique id of the perl
interpreter in the response headers and on the following requests the client
supplies this header. Apache::TestRequest resubmits the request again and
again till it hits the same interpreter and only then returns the response to
the client. After TRY_TIMES (50) it'll give up and return an error. I'm not
sure whether raising of this number to let's say 500 will help to solve the
problem.

Your help is appreciated.

Guess what, I ran the test again, it passed. :-) I figure this had to
do with the load of the machine.

Anyway, I was using threaded-mpm with apache 2.0.44.

Thanks. However this still needs to be fixed, as random failures aren't good enough.