Hi Andrew,

Andrew Ho wrote:
[...]
Sometimes, MSIE will ignore the MIME type specified in a Content-Type
header, and instead guess the type of a file based on its extension.
[...]

I _believe_ the answer lies in http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/networking/moniker/overview/appendix_a.asp. Basically, MSIE deliberately goes out and tries to figure out the "real" MIME type of 26 hardcoded MIME types.

John

--
|   John Jung  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])  |   EDS                               |