List,
    No matter what I can't understand why the following tiny <perl>
configuration won't work.
If I comment out $ServerRoot, it works. If I instead comment out
DocumentRoot, it works.
If I comment out $$l, it works..... I don't understand :(

<Perl>
#!perl -w

$ServerRoot             = "/usr/local/app/apache_modperl";
$DocumentRoot           = "/usr/local/app/static";

$PerlRequire            = "/usr/local/app/conf/startup.perl";

foreach my $l (qw/ErrorLog TransferLog LockFile PidFile ScoreBoardFile/) {
     $$l          = "/usr/local/app/apache_modperl/logs/$l";
};

$VirtualHost{"10.10.10.42:3128"} = {
                                    ServerName => "mp2.local.com"
                                   };

</Perl>

startup.perl only contains,
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;

use lib qw (/usr/local/app/lib);

1;

PERL_TRACE output clearly shows that half of the perl section is being
processed twice, causing a VirtualHost overlap warning.
Is it supposed to work like this?

Richard.