Hensley, Richard wrote:
As an aside, one of the interesting issues that I ran across when running make test was the following:

/usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -d /home/rhensle/modperl-2.0/t -f /home/rhensle/mo
dperl-2.0/t/conf/httpd.conf -DAPACHE2
using Apache/2.0.44-dev (prefork MPM)

waiting for server to start: .No -M allowed while running setuid.

Most likely coming from t/conf/httpd.conf having:

PerlSwitches -Mlib=/home/stas/apache.org/mp-filters/t

does the problem disappear if you replace it with:

PerlSwitches -I/home/stas/apache.org/mp-filters/t

Why is your perl has setuid bits set?

perl_parse: Address family not supported by protocol

most likely an error in apr_parse_addr_port() but could be due to earlier problems.

server has died with status 1 (please examine t/logs/error_log)

what's your t/logs/error_log says?

make: *** [run_tests] Error 143

I think this occurs because my apache2 is located in /usr/local/apache2 and installed by root. The user that I built mod_perl with is not root, therefore it sqawks. I overcame this by building mod_perl as root. I also

had to run the tests as root, but I think that some of the tests will eventually fail in this mode.

Tests should run just fine with root. Did you have any problems?