Batara Kesuma wrote:
Hi,

I have changed all my CGI scripts to run under Perl Run, and now I notice
that the load average of my server (it is a dual CPUs) is very high. It
stays around 2.5 all the time. Before, when I was running plain CGI, it
was around 0.6 - 1.2. I checked the log file and I found that I only have
around 10% more pageviews this week, so the load average shouldn't be that
high. Is this normal? Any advice or comment? Thank you.

Based on your previous questions, my guess is that you are using mod_perl 1.99_09. Please be more verbose about your setup when asking questions.

Do you preload the modules that you use at the server startup? Your PerlRun scripts should be the only ones that get recompiled. Try moving all the standard modules to startup.pl and see if it gets any better.

Any reason why you don't use ModPerl::Registry?