Hi Stas,

> Based on your previous questions, my guess is that you are using
> mod_perl 1.99_09. Please be more verbose about your setup when asking
> questions.

Sorry, here is my setup.
mod_perl-1.99_09
httpd-2.0.40

> Do you preload the modules that you use at the server startup? Your
> PerlRun scripts should be the only ones that get recompiled. Try moving
> all the standard modules to startup.pl and see if it gets any better.

My startup.pl looks like:
#!/usr/bin/perl
use Apache2;
use Apache::compat ();
1;

I will try to move all standard modules to startup.pl. Do I need to delete
the standard modules from the scripts after I moved them to startup.pl? I
mean, after I moved:
use MyModule;

to startup.pl, do I need to delete it from the scripts? Or Perl Run will
automatically figure out that it has already been loaded and simply ignore
the one in the scripts?

> Any reason why you don't use ModPerl::Registry?

Yes, since the scripts were running under plain CGI, they produce too many
errors if run under ModPerl::Registry. I am working on them, and use
PerlRun for the moment.

PS. Congratulations on the publication of your new book :)