Hi All,

Looks like mod_perl is discarding everything past the first 8192 bytes
from POST requests.

mod_perl 1.99
Perl 5.8.0
Apache 2.0.40

All latest RPMs for Redhat 9.

There are some very related looking messages in the archives, but they
seem to pertain to earlier version of mod_perl, and I'm unable to come
up a working solution.

I put together a dummy test script:

---
#!/usr/bin/perl

read (STDIN, $in, $ENV{'CONTENT_LENGTH'});
print "Content Length: $ENV{'CONTENT_LENGTH'}\n\n<P>\n";
print "Data Input: $in\n\n<P>\n";
print "Data Length: ", length $in;
---

Read inbound and spit it back out, nice and simple.

When I set Apache directives on the directory where I'm running it to:

SetHandler cgi-script

and submit a request that I've been having trouble with, I get back

Data Length: 197745

when I change the Apache directives on the test directory to:

SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler ModPerl::Registry::handler
PerlOptions +ParseHeaders

I get back

Data Length: 8192

This is consistent regardless of what I POST or where I POST from.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - it's been a long road to
come up with even this much information.

Many thanks,
--
Mick Szucs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Onramp Network Services Inc.