Hi there,

On 6 Jun 2003, K Old wrote:

> No, I didn't build a threaded Perl, it seems to be the popular thing
> among any linux distro these days to build it with threads.
>
> I'll build a version without threads just to see if it works

Want to run that by me again??

> > I'm having trouble getting Apache::Request installed on my Mandrake 9.0
[snip]
> > make test.  I can force the install, but the same error comes up when I
> > try to load Apache::Request as a PerlModule in httpd.conf or when Alzabo
> > calls it.

Is it *exactly* the same error?

> > Any chance I should build perl without the threads?  I've heard that can
> > be the cause of a lot of problems.

Just Perl 5.8.0 can cause problems... do you have any others kicking around?
I'm thinking of 5.7.2 for example (ducks in case Stas throws something :)
which has done me good service.  Wouldn't recommend 5.6.anything.

[snip]
> > t/httpd -f `pwd`/t/httpd.conf
> > Syntax error on line 31 of /root/.cpan/build/libapreq-1.1/t/httpd.conf:
> > Can't load
> > '/root/.cpan/build/libapreq-1.1/blib/arch/auto/Apache/Request/Request.so' \
> >   for module Apache::Request: libapreq.so.1: cannot open shared object file:  \
> >   No such file or directory
[snip]

Is there in fact no such file or directory?

I don't like that it's even looking in there...  Are you building it all
as root?  Bad idea generally, although -MCPAN does rather encourage it.

73,
Ged.