On Sun, 8 Jun 2003, K Old wrote:

> On Sun, 2003-06-08 at 01:50, Randy Kobes wrote:
> > On Fri, 7 Jun 2003, K Old wrote:
> > [ .. ]
> > > Stas, thanks for your reply.  I downloaded the CVS source and
> > > it still failed all tests.  Below is the output from make test
> > > and the output from perl -V.  Any help is appreciated!
> >
> > Another thing that may be worth trying - if you've installed
> > libapreq, try going back to the mod_perl sources and running
> > those tests again. Do the modules/request.t and modules/cookie.t
> > tests pass, or if not, do you receive the same errors?
>
> Well, I've recompile a fresh version of Perl 5.8.0 (without threads),
> Apache, mod_perl and PHP and still no luck....on that box.  I have
> another Mandrake 9.0 box and tried to compile the new libapreq that Stas
> pointed to from CVS and got the following errors....  Any suggestions?
>
> I did:
>
> perl Makefile.PL -httpd /usr/sbin/httpd && make test
>
> And got:
>
> In file included from apache_request.c:59:
> apache_request.h:5:19: httpd.h: No such file or directory
[ .. ]
Is /usr/sbin/httpd is a symbolic link to a real httpd, which
could be something like /usr/local/httpd/bin/httpd? And is this
httpd the one you compiled? If so, try giving the full path to
this httpd as the Makefile.PL argument (there should be a
/usr/local/httpd/include/ directory which has the header (.h)
files that couldn't be found).

--
best regards,
randy