On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 16:28, Dale Lancaster wrote:
> I have combed the various docs and haven't yet found the silver bullet
> to turn off all the warnings I am getting from mod_perl in my
> error_log that look something like this:
>
> Constant subroutine
> Apache::ROOTusa_2eusahire_2ecom::cgi_2dbin::portal::gojobs::gojobs_2ecgi::RC_CONTINUE
>  redefined at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/Apache/PerlRun.pm line 361.
>
> I have tried:
>
> PerlWarn Off  in the httpd.conf file
>
> no warnings ; in the startup.pl
> no strict ;     in the startup.pl

It should work to do this:
no warnings qw(redefine);

These are lexically scoped, so if your script has a use warnings or -w
in it, they will get turned back on.

Note that this only happens when you cause PerlRun to reload a script
that defines constants.  Restarting the server as described in the docs
avoids the issue:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/troubleshooting.html#Constant_subroutine_XXX_redefined

- Perrin