> I'm trying to write a authentication handler using mod_perl, and am
> encountering some difficulty.  I have isolated my problem to the usage
> of the lookup_uri($uri) function call - whenever I call it, my module
> segfaults.  I have tested the input with both a variable string, and
> just a quoted string, and get the same result.

I don't know whether this will help you, but don't just focus on this
handler. I encountered problems using lookup_uri myself, because I did not
bear in mind that ->lookup_uri goes through a request cycle itself, thus
calling a far lot of the handlers defined for that uri. However it is not
a complete request, so things like ->pnotes etc. can fail. See
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=105118150200822&w=2 for
my 'diary'.

--Frank