Hello,

CP>I'm seeing a weird thing. Sometimes my script sees nothing in the
CP>$ENV{HTTP_REFERER} variable. Im not sure what is causing this. It
CP>works some of the time.

You are never guaranteed to receive a Referer header; first of all, it is
sent by the client, and the HTTP client involved has no obligation to set
it at all on outgoing requests--it's just a convention that most desktop
browsers follow. Second, some application level HTTP proxies block
outgoing Referer headers for security reasons. Finally, it's possible that
a user bookmarked a page or typed in a URL and hence no Referer was
involved at all.

Humbly,

Andrew

Andrew Ho               http://www.tellme.com/       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Engineer                    1-800-555-TELL          Voice 650-930-9062
Tellme Networks, Inc.                                 Fax 650-930-9101