----- Original Message -----
From: "Perrin Harkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 11:36, Issac Goldstand wrote:
> > I want to assign a method handler from within the Apache::ReadConfig
> > namespace.  Right now, what I have is some function which somewhat
> > resembles:
> >
> > package My::Object;
> > sub method1 {
> >   my $self=shift;
> >   package Apache::ReadConfig;
> >   no strict;
> >   $Location{'/some/URL/'} = {
> >  Options => '+ExecCGI',
> >  PerlHeaderParserHandler => sub {$self->some_other_method;}
> >     };
> >
> > But when I browse to /some/URL, some_other_method never gets called, let
> > alone by $self....
>
> What are you trying to do?  You know you can only do this sort of thing
> during server startup, right?  After startup, you can still push
> handlers but you have to do it differently.

No - this is at startup.  It's also, to the best of my knowledge, the *only*
way to push handlers onto a dynamic URL (eg, where the URL is a variable) -
which is what I'm trying to do.

This worked fine when it was just:
PerlHeaderParserHandler => __PACKAGE__."::some_handler";

Now, I'm realizing it should be something more akin to:

PerlHeaderParserHandler => ref($self)."->some_method";

But even that's not working...

  Issac