Hi All,

I'm sure this can't be an issue that hasn't been tackled, but I couldn't
find anything in the archives so:-

I'm trying to find a way in which I can calculate the pixel width of a
string in a given font.
I'm doing this to feed a javascript file, so I am also looking at doing this
in javascript also.

currently all I can find is the php 'imagefontwidth' function. Does anybody
know of an equivalent in perl?
I remember having issues like this in TK, but not sure the solution there
would be appropriate.

I guess this is fuzzily on topic, but if anybody has any off topic
experience I'd be greatful. any approx solutions which can 'guarentee' a
'larger than the minimum space required' would also suffice, e.g. is there
an approximation which I can use based upon the maximum character width
possible for a font etc...

Regards

Marty