Hi,

We are in the process of upgrading database from Oracle 7.3.4.3 to
Oracle 9.2.0.1 (9i).

I have a _weird_ problem when changing a mod_perl application to talk to
the 9i instance.

If the mod_perl application is pointed at the existing 7.3 instance
everything works fine, however as soon as I change TWO_TASK to point at
the 9i instance the below errors occur.

1.      When the HTML is returned to the web browser I receive NULL's between
the characters.

Example HTML: <STRONG>Subject: </STRONG>[EMAIL PROTECTED]@[EMAIL PROTECTED]@[EMAIL
PROTECTED]@[EMAIL PROTECTED]@
[EMAIL PROTECTED]@[EMAIL PROTECTED]@[EMAIL PROTECTED]@[EMAIL PROTECTED]@ [EMAIL
PROTECTED]@[EMAIL PROTECTED]@ [EMAIL PROTECTED]@[EMAIL PROTECTED]@[EMAIL PROTECTED]@m

Interestingly when a date is returned this problem does not exist.

2. I receive the below error message in Apache's error.log

 DBD::Oracle::st fetch failed: ORA-24365: error in character conversion
(DBD ERROR: OCILobRead) at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/mymodule.pm line 857.

Has anybody seen this before?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
--