I'm finally getting down to trying this out, per Ged's directions.

I want to try compiling mod_perl statically - I believe APACI is for DSO only - when I try to run perl Makefile.PL, I get warnings about compiling SSI with a DSO, thus I believe the following might need to be modified (removing APACI for?).

(again, this is under FreeBSD-4.8 with the latest mod_ssl and 1.27-mod-perl)

My process has been thus far:

o untar all distributions
o copy my custom config.layout to apache directory and ./configure (no other options)
o enter to mod_ssl directory and configure, export SSL_BASE=SYSTEM
o enter into mod_ssl directory .... this is where I'm at.

I presume I don't need to pass APACI options to specify that which I already placed in my config.layout under the apache source tree.

Thanks,
Forrest

[ makepl_args.mod_perl ]
USE_APACI=1
APACHE_PREFIX=/usr/local/apache
APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.27/src
DO_HTTPD=1
EVERYTHING=1
ALL_HOOKS=1
PERL_SSI=1
PERL_SECTIONS=1
APACI_ARGS=--with-perl=/usr/local/bin/perl
APACI_ARGS=--enable-module=rewrite
APACI_ARGS=--enable-module=include
APACI_ARGS=--enable-module=info
APACI_ARGS=--enable-module=usertrack
APACI_ARGS=--server-gid=nogroup
APACI_ARGS=--suexec-docroot=/usr/local/apache/htdocs
APACI_ARGS=--enable-module=most
APACI_ARGS=--enable-module=auth_db
APACI_ARGS=--enable-module=mmap_static
APACI_ARGS=--enable-shared=max
APACI_ARGS=--enable-module=ssl
APACI_ARGS=--enable-rule=SHARED_CORE
APACI_ARGS=--activate-module=src/modules/dosevasive/libdosevasive.a