Hello again,

On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Forrest Aldrich wrote:

> Referring back to my original post, it with the options I specified, the
> compile process still insists on compiling mod_perl as a DSO.   Even if I
> explicitly set USE_DSO=0 -- I wonder if one of the other flags (like
> EVERYTHING=1) is triggering the DSO compile.

No, I often compile statically with EVERYTHING=1.  I don't think we're
dealing with a full deck here.  Are you quite sure that you're looking
at the right executable after you build it?  Check the timestamp.  Try
running it by giving the full pathname and the -l switch for example

/home/forrest/src/apache_1.3.27/src/httpd -l

or change to the directory that the exewcutable is in and say

./httpd -l

(you can do both without being root) and see if the output includes a line

mod_perl.c

which tells you that mod_perl is compiled in (i.e. compiled statically).

73,
Ged.