On Saturday 14 June 2003 20:54, Ged Haywood wrote:

> Don't know if there's anyone who actually knows what's going on here
> but I thought you'd just like to hear from somebody. :)

Sure, thank you :-).

> This is a wild stab in the dark.  Guessing that the libapreq
> installation scripts are assuming that you're building a new
> Apache/mod_perl, you might in that case be expected to have a copy of
> the a httpd in the t directory. When you run 'make test' during an
> Apache build that's where the binary will be, temporarily.
>
> You could try a soft link from there to the real httpd - I have no
> idea if something else will then fail.

OK. I will try to install libapreq-1.2 next Monday at work. If it does
not work will try the soft link. In any case I'll say something here to
let you know how it went.

> You know that your mod_perl and your Perl should really be compiled
> with the same compiler?  I always think it's best to build it
> yourself to be sure.

Hmmmmm... I didn't remember that. I installed perl using its package for
Solaris. Maybe I'd better get the tarball to be sure.

Thank you!

-- fxn

-- fxn