HI SLava,

        Your new FAQ looks really good!

        I've just got one small suggestion. I've heard that compression
can also work with pre-compressing files with: gzip -9 index.html ->
index.html.gz.

        And you can then configure Apache Multiviews to serve the
pre-Gzipped file. This means you don't have to dynamically zip the file
each time and it works with vanilla Apache 1.3.

        That said, I've been unable to configure Apache to do this
properly. Does anyone have a clear solution that can be incorporated into
SLava's new FAQ?

Nige

--
Nigel Hamilton