Hi there,

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Dennis Stout wrote:

> > I made a simple mod_perl change to the config and when restarting Apache
> > I got this error:
> > (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address
> > 0.0.0.0:2250
> > no listening sockets available, shutting down
> > /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl: line 87: 16512 Segmentation fault
> > $HTTPD $ARGV
> >
> > I then backed out the change and retried, got the same error.
>

> killall httpd
>
> then try it again :)

In other words there's an Apache still running when you're trying to
start a second one which wants to listen on the same socket that the
first Apache is already listening on.  That isn't permitted.

But you shouldn't be getting segmentation faults in that case so
something else is probably wrong too.  Did you build from source?
Did you follow the instructions in the Guide?  Linux?  1.3.27/1.27?
DSO?  Maybe you can post the information requested in the docs?

73,
Ged.