----- Original Message -----
From: "Stas Bekman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Issac Goldstand" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Issac Goldstand wrote:
> > Looking at it now, I tend to agree...  I just have a vague recollection
of
> > my first mod_perl 2 handler (Written only 2 weeks ago, though I dabbled
with
> > the C API 9 months ago, already) and reading it and playing with
httpd.conf
> > and overall being very confused.
>
> I've just committed the examples, hopefully they will appear online soon.
>
> > I'd consider having 2 guides written - a porting guide - yours is nice,
but
> > more as reference than as tutorial - and the second for newbies
(Starting
> > with mor_perl 2)...  I'm toying with the idea of starting the porting
> > tutorial, but I want to make sure it's written well for clueless people
> > (which I probably still at least half count as :-)) and with accurate
> > content.
>
> porting or starting? We already have a porting guide:
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/porting/porting.html
>
> a porting reference:
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/porting/compat.html

Right - I read it, and it's reference.  It's not a good guide.  A guide
should start with the basics.  The mp_1 guide is one of the most beautiful
pieces of electronic documentation in existance!  It should be a book (I
know: practical mod_perl)  Seriously though - the guide is what personally
turned me on to mod_perl, but the above two documents make me shiver and
stay the hell away from mp_2.  What's needed is a good friendly piece of
documentation to get people moving... to mp_2

> and even getting started:
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/intro/start_fast.html

Will look at it shortly - Let's not bite off more than we can chew in one
mouthful.

> I'd suggest to improve these docs where approapriate and start a new doc
only
> if it really doesn't fit into the existing docs.

I'm just not sure if it *does* fit...

  Issac