Perrin Harkins wrote:
The one thing about TT was that I don't know if I really liked how it had a different syntax than perl. Plus, as far as performance, we did some specific coding to make it faster for Slash so our templates would be in the DB.

That's an anti-optimization. Filesystems are faster than databases when all you want is to fetch a single item with a specific name. It's also a pain in the ass to edit things that are in a database, as opposed to just files.

I agree -- filesystems have all these great new remote access protocols like ftp and scp. That's why I took this option (storing templates in the database) out of OpenInteract. Well, actually you can still do it, I just make it really tough :-)

Chris

--
Chris Winters ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Building enterprise-capable snack solutions since 1988.