On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:15:41 -0700
Michael A Nachbaur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I know from a DBI perspective, when using PostgreSQL, if I create a
> temporary database table it will automatically go *poof* and be
> deleted when the database connection is closed (or when the
> transaction is finished...I can't remember which).  Anyway, what will
> happen if code that takes advantage of this is used in an Apache
> Registry script?
>
> If I do a $dbh->disconnect, I know it will be ignored by Apache::DBI,
> but is it smart enough to pass something back to the database server
> telling it that it can purge temporary data?

  While I'm not 100% sure, I would seriously doubt it since Apache::DBI
  doesn't call the corresponding DBD's disconnect method.

  I would do  one of the following:

  1) Explicitly clean up your temp table.
  2) See if you can stop using Apache::DBI.

  I found on several sites that Apache::DBI didn't effect
  performance as much as I would have imagined with PostgreSQL and was
  fine to run without it.

   Frank Wiles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   http://frank.wiles.org