Randy Kobes wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Erik Browaldh wrote:

I have written a program that takes argument from html-formula
and read and write it to a textfile.

When I tried it with perl mod 2, under windows with apache it
doesnt work anymore. No new entries are written to the
log-file.txt Ive tried chmod, especially r/w accesses but that
doesnt seem to help.

[ ... ]

alarm(30);

As Mustafa mentioned in another reply, you might want to
try it without the flock() below [and also perhaps try without
the alarm() call above]. Also, any messages in the error
log would be helpful.

[ ... ]

open T,">>log-file.txt" || die "cant open T for write $!";
flock T,2; # write lock

[ ... ]

open (T,"<log-file.txt") || die "Cant open file T for read $!";
flock T,1;

As Stas explained in another thread today, the directory
in which these files have been opened may not be the one
in which your script resides. Try giving the full path to
any files you're opening.

and Colin will post shortly a workaround until we provide an in-core solution.